Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Spend a moment reading this, it can't hurt

So, you've been looking around browsing various web pages related to Eating Disorders and/or food, or perhaps you've simply clicked the wrong button. Whatever the case; take a minute to absorb this. Reading enhances your IQ.

I have never really gotten into the whole 'blog' thing; but i assume that if I was into it i'd like a few fast facts - as no one wants to read an essay:

Age: 16 and 5 months
Who the hell am I? I have had a bad relationship with food since about year 7, but it was only in the last 2 and 1/2 years that i've suffered from Bulimia.
My name: Obviously it isn't Lilah, but I wouldn't be stupid enough to discuss personal struggles and things I am ashamed of with my name attached
My mission: First and foremost it is to get back to the old Me and return to reality, without seeing food as the issue I do now. I am supposedly in recovery, (I am involved in a program where I weekly see a therapist, dietician, doctor, psychiatrist, case counsellor, physiotherapist) and have been for the last 6 months, yet I feel as though my disorder is worse than ever.

I feel like i've tried every possible avenue at trying to get back to a happy life, yet no matter what I do I am still stuck in this awful psychological and physical cycle.

The one thing I have and always have had a issue with is broadcasting my 'struggles, woes, depression' as I can't stand the idea of self-pity. But I thought that seeing as though every Tom Dick and Harry has a blog on some topic or other, I mayaswell create one about the hardest part of my life - in yet another attempt to get out of it.

Now that's enough waffle from me; I would just like to say that this page is relevant for:

Bulimics
Anorexics
EDNOS
COE
Those who have suffered with an Eating Disorder
Those who are aware of someone struggling with an Eating Disorder
Those who are on a diet or even ARE looking for weightloss tips
The grandma at the end of my street

***This is not exclusive to any specific group of people.

 Just in case you are getting the vibe that I am somewhat encouraging eating disorders:
I am not going to babble about how this blog is "Not a pro-ana/pro-mia tips page" or anything like that, because I do not feel obliged to. I know within myself that I would die before trying to inflict this obsession upon ANYONE, even my worst enemy. So I hope you do not see this as a trigger, and I am deeply sorry if you do.

I have decided to create this blog as I sit here in my extremely messy room, on the 23rd of December 2010 (SHIT it's my mum's birthday and I STILL haven't rung her) and wish to document my life - hoping it will in some way make me better, but even if it doesn't, It'll be something interesting to read back on in 60 years won't it

So as soon as I quickly ring Mum and wish her a good day yadayadayada I'll be back to write a bit about Me, food, my experiences, and how much an Eating Disorder sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment